Turkey & Vegetable Meatloaf.



My moms FAVORTIE dish is Meatloaf, but we don't eat a lot of beef. So I always have on hand some ground turkey. The meatloaf I make has a spiced ketchup glaze. Both me and my mom love veggies, so me being me I try to add them 
as much as I can. For dinner this night I made a Turkey and Vegetable meatloaf 
with a twice baked potato and asparagus. 

NOTE: I don't typically measure out when I am cooking dinner, so the measurements in this recipe may 
not be exact and may have to be altered.



YOU WILL NEED: 

  • 1 lbs. Ground Turkey ( Any ground meat you like )
  • 1 Onion, Diced
  • 3 to 4 Bell Peppers, Diced ( I used different colors for contrast )
  • 1 Medium Zucchini, Grated
  • 1/4 Cup Parsley, Minced
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 Chile, Minced ( Optional )
  • 1 Cup Breadcrumbs ( May need more )
  • Garlic (I used paste, if fresh 2 cloves, minced )
  • Seasonings of your choice: I used Salt-Free Mrs. Dash and Cumin
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Baking sheet
  • Loaf Pan
  • Cooking spray
  • Olive oil ( Mines in a mister)
  • Gloves ( Optional )
  • 1/2 Cup Ketchup
  • Chili sauce ( To taste )

1. Start prep: Preheat over to 400 degrees. Wash the vegetables, Chop the onion, bell peppers, and parsley (chili if you are using one). 
    Grate the zucchini. 
2. Place cut bell peppers and onions on the baking sheet and spray on olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 min
    or till slightly cooked and little color. Remove from oven and set aside and let cool. TURN OVEN DOWN TO 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl add Turkey, grated zucchini, Parsley, bread crumbs, garlic, eggs, onions & peppers, (chili), Salt and pepper, and 
    seasonings. 
4. With or without gloves, Use hands to mix all ingredients. Don't over mix, just mix to incorporate all ingredients evenly
5. Line loaf pan with foil and spray with cooking spray to insure it won't stick.
6. Add mix to loaf pan and pack it into shape. Bake till just about half way done. Remove from oven add glaze
    cook till done. ( Ground turkey should be cooked to 175 degrees) 

To make Ketchup Glaze:

Mix together Ketchup with chili sauce of your choice. I used Sriracha!



Chopped onion and peppers. Grated zucchini 


Always have some in the freezer. 

Quick roast for the onion and peppers.

Ready for the oven. Look at all the veggies!





Add some sides and dinner is served.

Comments

Popular Posts