Quick & Easy Salmon Pasta





So I decided to whip up something fast and easy for lunch. Last night I took out fillet of salmon in individual package thaw it out in the fridge.

I had on hand some fresh tomatoes, some garlic, onions, baby kale, some basil from my garden, and also about a cup of dry pasta. So I decided to make my spicy salmon pasta. 

**Note that I just threw this altogether, so my measurements may not be exact. You can kind of eyeball it and put as much or as little of an ingredient is you want.**

You will need:

1 large tomato
1 Salmon fillet, skinned and thawed out
1 1/3 cup of pasta (I had mini penne on hand)
1 Garlic clove
1/3 cup diced onion
1/2 cup of White wine (I had an open bottle of Chardonnay)
Basil leaves 
Handful of baby kale
Red chili flakes (optional) 
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil (I used olive oil)


1. Salt & Boil water for pasta.

2. First want to prep your ingredients by dicing the tomato and onion and mincing the garlic. Then dice up your salmon and set aside (mine had the skin on it so I had to remove the skin and then dice it) * also if you have large leaves of basil you might want to chop them. I had small basil leaves so I could just rip them right into the pan while cooking.

3. Heat a medium saucepan. Add cooking oil. Add in Salmon chunks, and sear them till they are halfway cooked with a little color and then place on plate. Set aside

4. In same pan, add some more cooking oil if necessary, then add onions and sweat them for just a few minutes. (I like my onions to be slightly cooked, so if you like them raw you can add the next ingredients right away)

5. Once onions have a little color, add in the garlic. Cook for 30 second, till fragrant, then add in the tomatoes. Cook for about a min

6. Adding a little white wine to deglaze the pan, reduce that down. Then add back in the salmon topped with the baby kale. Toss and season. 
Cook till the kale wilts and the salmon is fully cooked, then add in the cooked pasta with a little bit of the pasta water to make a sauce. 

7. Cook till everything is done and pasta is coated in the pan sauce. 




There you have it. A quick & easy lunch, made from things I had in my house. Minimal prep, cheap and flavorful, and a meal that's simple to make. I hope you guys enjoy!



Don't forget to Follow me on Instagram [ @brizyxoxb ] for more Delishes photos, and Follow me on Facebook Page FoodBee.











Comments

Popular Posts