Lemon Garlic Chicken Stir-fry


Good Eats & Budget Friendly




I love summer break, I do, but what summer break means is that I'm home more and in-turn I eat more. (It's unfortunate I know) But with my budget I have to find things to stock my house up with but not break the bank. I need a lot a food to fuel my eating as much as possible because I'm bored habit :-) 

So here's a lunch recipe I want to share you guys, that's budget friendly, taste great, and it's pretty quick to make. 

Being a college student, I'm all about coupons to stretch my budget. When I get great coupons I like to stock up on things. Target has these great stir-fries in the frozen section. And they had a great sale so I stocked up on a bunch of them. They are quick and easy and great nutrition wise too. 

Includes asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, squash, and onions.

"Fooducate" App found in the App Store.

For the protein I went to Ralph's yesterday and they had a great sale on these single chicken breasts on manager special for a dollar and some change. I picked up a few of them and they happened to be seasoned already. (I chose 2 lemon pepper and 1 black pepper, balsamic) These make meal preparations even easier. NOTE: I normally don't get pre-marinated meats because they usually have high sodium and other artificial flavors and ingredients I don't like but for a dollar this seem to be really good. 




I always keep the Staples on deck like rice, beans, and other starches so I decided to steam up some white rice to go with this dish. I am the rice also completes it to make it feel like a real meal sorry staple longer. Which helps my fridge and my wallet! 

So not chit chatting, here's the recipe!
Another NOTE: this recipe can be adapted. You can use any starch, any kind of chicken flavoring that you like, and any kind of stir-fry mix.

You will need:
  • Frozen stir fry mix. [I used to Target Archer Farms asparagus stir-fry]
  • One chicken breast seasoned or unseasoned [I used Ralphs fresh chicken: lemon pepper]
  • 1 cup of rice uncooked
  • Cooking oil about a Tbsp

Optional seasoning:
  • Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning 
  • Cayenne pepper 
  • Trader Joe's lemon pepper grinder seasoning
* You can use just Salt and pepper or any seasoning you like. TASTE 1st once cooked to make sure you even need seasoning. (I ended up needing to, so these are what I used)

  1. Cook the rice to the directions on the package of the rice that you have chosen. 
  2. Steam the stir fry in the bag for about a minute less than the time it stated on the package (Don't worry, we're going to cook it some more, this way it's not completely overcooked when we cook at the second time). Once done, let it sit to the side.
  3.  Carefully dice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Heat a skillet with a little bit of cooking oil and sauté the chicken till it's almost cooked. To achieve some color cook on high heat to achieve color, then turn down to continue cooking the chicken thoroughly.
  4. Once chicken is almost done out in the stir fry and cook till chicken and stir fry are completely cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes. If too much liquid in the pan, turn up heat back to high heat to help evaporate the liquid faster.
  5. Season if necessary. Serve over the rice and enjoy!




Cook rice.

Saute chicken


Add in Partly cooked stir fry mix


Season if needed, with your favorite seasonings.

Serve and enjoy!!









Comments

Popular Posts