The Garden Chronicles





Chapter 2


So far everything has been going great slowly but surely my plants are growing. I wasn't even sure how much they were growing until I looked at a before and updated photos and BAM they grew so much I'm so proud of them! Still a long way to go though. 


I have grown really attached to my garden, I even worry about it like it is my child. I had a big scare one day, It was a super hot day in SoCal and I didn't make it home in time to water my plants in the morning like I normally do. So I decided to wait till evening, BIG mistake. By the time I got home all my plants had wilted!!! I was almost in tears and watered them immediately. Thankfully, they all sprung back to life, but I learned my lesson.

So remember how I told you that this would be an adventure... Well, I definitely meant it. Inside of some of the chapters of these garden chronicles are small stories about different things like bugs that have invaded my garden and the battle between us.





THE BATTLE OF THE JUNE BUGS



I've always been under the impression that June bugs bring good luck... Well, these June bugs didn't bring good luck they brought terror!!! I slowly noticed that every morning when I'm out watering there's a June bug that keeps hovering around my deck and my neighbors across the way, and me being scared of bugs run for cover every time. Didn't really think much of it until it became an everyday situation and not just one but more than one. I wake up in the morning as I lay in bed, I hear the June bugs attacking my screen door, bumping into it, and falling. When I go down to my garden there they are again flying around scaring me. I tried to be nice and trapped one in a coffee tin and walked it down the block and let it loose away from my house, but they kept coming back.
So one day I have family over and I say hey! Someone get that get the June bug. So we go get our bug zapper tennis racket and try to whack it or at least try to scare him, but one of them gets stuck and we thought it might be dead, but then all of a sudden it gears up its wings and tries to take off. Unfortunately, it is still stuck so it just stuck there flapping away like a crazy person, naturally again I take off screaming. So finally we kill that one (sorry to say) and we think that the battle is over within five minutes two more come back. It was like a search party and they knew what we had done.... Until next time.



Mom's fly trap only visitor LOL


Don't think for one second that this story is over. That's just part one, stay tuned for the continuation of the battle of the June bugs!.



 Follow me!





Comments

Popular Posts