Dinner tonight...

Simple Pot Roast








You will need...

1 Top Roast (size up to you)
1 Onion
1 pack Baby Portobello mushrooms
1 pack Baby carrots
1-2 lb Yellow Yukon Gold ( Use as many as you want)
1 bottle A1 sauce*
1 envelop Onion mushroom soup mix ( I used Lipton brand)
2 cups Water
1 Slow cooker (aka Crock pot)

Optional:

White Rice
Cornstarch** ( For thicken the sauce )
Cayenne pepper ( If you like heat, I do)


1. Prep: Wash carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes. Cut potatoes to even size for your choice. 
    Trim and cut mushrooms to desired size. Slice the onion.
2. Place onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add roast on top.
3. Mix the soup mix with the water and poor in the slow cooker.
4. Add the bottle of A1 on top of the roast (I add a little more water to the bottle and shake
    the rest out)
5.  Add the carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes and cover. 
6. Cook on high till meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
7. [ Optional ] Once the meat/veggies are done this is the time to thicken the sauce.



* The size bottle I used was 10 oz. it was a good size for the size pot roast I got. 
**If you use cornstarch, add first to some cold water (about 1/4 c)  1st and 
mix till smooth. Then add 1/2 c. of the hot liquid mix then add to rest of the hot liquid.
~ start with a little at a time, you can always add more! 




I did not notice the upside down carrots ;-p

The soup has 2 envelopes per box. A1 bottle size I used




Yumm all that waiting pays off!

I added a dash of cayenne b/c I love a little heat




Comments

Popular Posts